Back in 1994,a renowned MD, Jeffrey Friedman,PhD. and his colleagues at Rockefeller University discovered the hormone Leptin while studying massively obese mice. Leptin is a hormone in the body that regulates your appetite by signaling to your brain to tell it if you are full or hungry.
The way Leptin is controlled by the body depends largely on you,the ability to stop your cravings,the ability to say no when a strong urge is tempting you to eat a certain type of food and also the ability of your body to respond to physical exercise constrained upon it. To be on the right track in losing weight you need a strong sense of will power to get serious and get started. Some of the strong points you need to follow are thus stated below:
1. Try as much as possible to control your taste bud cravings;empty your refrigerator from sweets and all kinds of junk food. Out of sight is out of mind,as long as you are not seeing it,the urge to consume it would not come up serious. Take up serious action to adhere in not taking junk food, it requires discipline,will power and determination and yes! you can do it. This is a first step you must practice.
2. Try and form the habit of having a good healthy breakfast for the entire day. If possible add some fruits and vegetables to your breakfast that will provide the required fiber for your body.
3. Enhance your your metabolism by eating small meals regularly instead of eating heavy food for lunch and dinner. This will enable the body to digest the food consumed regularly and boosts the metabolism.
4. Sleep well,at least eight hour per day,either in the evening or at night if you are a working person. When you sleep your body organs are at rest and wouldn't need the extra energy that would make you crave for what you intend to neat
5. Search for the gym in your locality and use some weight to build that muscle, it requires a minimum of just 15 minutes for at least two times a week only! The body can burn 50 calories for every single pound of the muscle.Be right on your way in shedding those extra pounds by burning some or most of your accumulated fat into muscle.
These are just the basics and is a tip of the ice berg,for you to actually lose weight it requires determination and above all a weight loss program that you should strictly follow to ensure you are able to lose weight.To have a weight loss program that would actually make you lose weight visit fast1weightloss.com for further elaborate analysis on weight loss tips.